What is the Domestic Abuse – Female Perpetrator Hub?
This first of its kind in the UK, premium Hub, provides an online structured CBT programme to support female domestic abuse perpetrators:
- Develop knowledge of what is considered abusive behaviour
- Increase understanding of abuse both personally and more generally
- Equip women with Tools needed to start to address this problematic behaviour
- Reflect on strengths.
How does it work?
Our programmes have been carefully designed to cater for all learning styles. We achieved this by including into our programmes:
- Audio bars for those with reading difficulties
- Visual content such as videos and diagrams
- Written instructions
- Case examples
- Skills practice
- Downloadable content.
What topics does it cover?
This Hub equips users with:
- Healthy Relationships
- Recognising and addressing Unhelpful beliefs
- Avoiding the use of Violence/Safeguarding against Violence
- Minimising, denying and blaming
- Avoiding the use of Intimidation
- Avoiding the use of Threats and Pressure
- Avoiding the use of Isolation
- The Ripple Effect: Acknowledging Impact
- Dealing with Anger effectively.
Does this Hub offer any more support?
In addition to a structured programme outlined above, users can also access:
- 24 hours a day email support service
- Useful Videos
- Downloadable content including exercises and information.
How effective are the programmes?
RSMS are the only company that have tested CCBT based approaches with an offender population in England and the Isle of Man. To date our average results have been:
- 71% showed a positive change in pre and post questionnaire scoring (measuring change in thinking and attitudes)
- 78% of users would recommend it
- 73% of users report that they found it useful.
What happens when you finish the programme?
When the user finishes the programme, a post programme report measuring any changes is sent to the email address that has been provided. This will also include all the information input into the programme.