What is the Impact of Crime Hub?
This programme provides an online structured CBT programme to support individuals to:
- Develop knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
- Increases understanding around how and why individuals may become involved in crime, and the impact of this on others
- Equip individuals with the tools needed to challenge and change negative or harmful behaviours
What is the background of the Impact of Crime Hub?
This Hub has been developed by a team of professionals in conjunction with The Nelson Trust. Our programmes are primarily based on utilising Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) but they also incorporate other theoretical models including:
- Desistance Theory
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cycle of Change
- Motivational Interviewing
- Pro-Social Modelling.
How does it work?
Users complete a series of exercises online via video, writtten and audio guidance. When the user finishes the programme, a post programme report measuring any changes is sent to the email address that has been provided. This will also include all the information input into the programme.
What topics does it cover?
The Impact of Crime programme covers:
- The Criminal Justice System
- Young People and Crime
- The Impact of Crime on Victims
- Sentencing and Court Outcomes
- Criminal Justice Agency Roles and Support
- Identifying and Changing Negative/Harmful Behaviours
- Labelling and Prejudice
- Thinking about our Past Experiences
- Core Beliefs
How effective are the programmes?
RSMS are the only company that have tested CCBT based approaches with an offender population in England and the Isle of Man. To date our average results have been:
- 71% showed a positive change in pre and post questionnaire scoring (measuring change in thinking and attitudes)
- 78% of users would recommend it
- 73% of users report that they found it useful.
What happens when you finish the programme?
When the user finishes the programme, a post programme report measuring any changes is sent to the email address that has been provided. This will also include all the information input into the programme.
At the end of the programme, the user will also be able to download a certificate of completion and access all the worksheets from all the sessions for a period of 6 months (from the point of completion).