What is the Misogyny Hub?
This programme provides an online structured CBT programme to support individuals to:
- Develop knowledge about Misogyny and Sexism and the impact of such behaviours on individuals and society
- Increases understanding of Misogyny, why and how it is maintained in society, and motivates individuals to change
- Equip individuals with the tools needed to desist from Misogynistic behaviours and challenge their own thinking.
How does it work?
Our programmes have been carefully designed to cater for all learning styles. We achieved this by including into our programmes:
- Audio bars for those with reading difficulties
- Visual content such as videos and diagrams
- Written instructions
- Case examples
- Skills practice
- Downloadable content.
What topics does it cover?
Our Misogyny programme covers:
- What misogyny and sexism are
- Why misogyny and sexism are harmful
- Gender stereotypes
- Gender-bias in society
- Misogyny and domestic abuse
- Misogynistic behaviours in more detail
- Experiences of disadvantage
- Recognising types of sexism
- Toxic Masculinity
- What can I do?
Does this Hub offer any more support?
In addition to a structured programme outlined above, users can also access:
- 24 hours a day email support service
- Useful Videos
- Downloadable content including exercises and information.
How effective are the programmes?
RSMS are the only company that have tested CCBT based approaches with an offender population in England and the Isle of Man. To date our average results have been:
- 71% showed a positive change in pre and post questionnaire scoring (measuring change in thinking and attitudes)
- 78% of users would recommend it
- 73% of users report that they found it useful.
What happens when you finish the programme?
When the user finishes the programme, a post programme report measuring any changes is sent to the email address that has been provided. This will also include all the information input into the programme.